Most recent activities are listed first.
ISO publishes ISO 19115-1:2014 as an “International Standard” (IS) on March 19 and votes in June to progress ISO 19115-3 from the “Draft Technical Specification” (DTS) to the “Enquiry Stage” to test its readiness for publication as a “Technical Specification”.
In June, the ISO 19115-3 project team produces an XML schema conformant with the ISO/DTS 19115-3 specification and ISO 19115-1 progresses to the “Final Draft International Standards” (FDIS) state in November following a vote by TC 211 member countries.
The Energy Industry Profile (EIP) is updated to align it with ISO/FDIS 19115-1 and ISO/DTS 19115-3.
Work continues on revisions to EIP Version 1.0 based on industry feedback. The Metadata Work Group begins working with Esri to create specifications for an EIP Prototype, a geoportal implementation customized for Energistics and the EIP v1.0 profile. Four Energistics members – BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, and Pioneer Resources – sponsor the EIP Prototype project.
A Statement of Work (SOW) is signed for Esri’s participation in the building of the EIP Prototype. The prototype project executes from October 3 to December 20, 2012
After ISO 19115-1 progresses to the “Committee Draft” (CD) state in January, the Metadata Work Group conducts an April workshop for interested participants at the 2011 Esri Petroleum User Group conference. The workshop covers ISO 19115 and its revision process, as well as the development of EIP v1.0.
In mid-2011, the EIP is released for community comment. Metadata Work Group activities focus on finalizing the release candidate document and review materials for the remainder of the year.
In October, Energistics submits a “New Work Item Proposal” to ISO/TC 211 to begin work on the technical specification for an XML encoding of ISO 19115-1. ISO member countries vote to advance ISO 19115-1 in December to the “Draft International Standard” (DIS) state.
In early 2010, the work group completes stage 2 of the Energistics Standards Life Cycle and compiles requirements for an Energy Industry Profile based on ISO 19115. A Request for Comment is distributed to active participants and results compiled as part of the formal requirements gathering process. These requirements serve as input to the EIP standard development.
In addition, work group members analyze suggested changes to the base ISO 19115 standard, and in mid-2010, provide comments back to the ISO 19115 Revision Project Team. The goal is to affect ISO-based standard changes based on requirements from energy industry participants.
The ISO 19115 Revision Project Team progresses the evolving revision to “Working Draft” state (i.e., to ISO/WD 19115-1) in late 2010.
2007 Pilot activities
- BP Network Management Pilot (PPT, 73 KB)
- Chevron Water Management Pilot (PPT, 200 KB)
- ConocoPhillips Network Management Pilot (PPT,167 KB)
- ConocoPhillips Reporting Pilot (PPT, 339 KB)
- Shell DTS Pilot (PPT, 631 KB)
- StatoilHydro Algeria Reporting Pilot (PPT, 221 KB)
- StatoilHydro Zonal Allocation Pilot (PPT, 1.6 MB)
2006 work group activities
- Work group organization documentation (DOCX, 83 KB)
- Work group execution documentation (DOCX, 15 KB)
- Flows documentation (DOCX, 320 KB)
- Flow #1 Data Requirements – Project Outline Proposal (Ref: Flows documentation) (ZIP, 1.6 MB)
- Flow #2 Data Requirements – Project Outline Proposal (Ref: Flows documentation) (ZIP, 1.8 MB)
- Flow #3 Data Requirements – Project Outline Proposal (Ref: Flows documentation) (ZIP, 1.7 MB)
- 2006 Project Timeline Update (JPG, 135 KB)