Energistics is a non-profit Global Upstream Oil & Gas Data Standards Consortium.
- Energistics Consortium members include some of the largest major oil companies, independent oil companies, service companies, and technology providers in the world.
- Members contribute their processes and knowledge through Work Groups to develop standards that serve industry stakeholders.
Membership in the Energistics Consortium is an optional benefit of Membership in The Open Group® OSDU ™ Forum
Beginning January 1, 2022, Membership in the Energistics Consortium is an optional benefit of Membership in The Open Group OSDU Forum. To claim your Energistics Consortium membership, your company representative must sign the Energistics Membership Terms Rider (there is no additional cost).
- If your company is already a member of The OSDU Forum, to obtain a copy of the Energistics Membership Terms Rider, email us at [email protected].
- If your company needs to discuss OSDU Forum membership first, please complete the form at this website, and we’ll provide you with everything you need to join: https://osduforum.org/getting-started/join-the-osdu-forum/
Energistics Board of Directors
- Steve Nunn (The Open Group)
- Laurent Deny (AspenTech)
- Pablo Perez (Bardasz)
- David Smith (Baker Hughes)
- Wilfred Berlang (Shell)
Energistics Consortium Mission
Energistics mission is to provide the global upstream oil and gas industry with an open consortium to define, develop and maintain data standards.
Energistics is dedicated to informing, educating and supporting all stakeholders to ensure a rapid and effective adoption of the standards in the pursuit of interoperability, efficiency and data integrity.
The Business Case for Membership
Energistics and its Members play an important leadership role in developing technical data exchange standards for the digital oilfield. Like many not-for-profit organizations, Energistics relies on Member volunteers to achieve its mission, in support of the industry.
The following points highlight the business case for membership and participation:
- Energistics provides the anti-trust framework within which open data exchange standards can be collaboratively developed.
- Energistics Members influence the developmental direction of open data exchange standards, ensuring that the particularities of their business are properly addressed.
- Membership of the Energistics Consortium demonstrates leadership and strong support for the adoption of open data exchange standards.
To see how standards impact industry stakeholders, click on a link below.