Versions that are in use and which may be subject to future enhancement.
PRODML DATA SCHEMA AND API SPECIFICATIONS
The following specifications are the latest versions and are recommended for new or upgraded implementations.
PRODML v2.0 Data Schema Specifications – December 2016
PRODML v2.0 OVERVIEW
A key factor driving the update of PRODML is the move to the Energistics Common Technical Architecture (CTA), a set of shared technology that provides a common foundation for the Energistics family of standards (including WITSML and RESQML), better harmonizing those standards and making them easier to implement.
All of the PRODML XML schemas now comply with the design patterns of the CTA, and all use the Common elements shared across PRODML, WITSML and RESQML (for example, units of measure).
The data models themselves have not changed for the capabilities which are being updated from version 1.3.
PRODML v2.0 also features some brand new domain capabilities and sets of data objects, which include:
- Simple product volume reporting – this provides a simplified, reliable way to provide production volumes to non-operating partners.
- Fluid and PVT analysis – a set of data objects covering fluid and pressure-volume-temperature (PVT) analysis data for upstream technical workflows.
- Distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) – for exchanging the large volumes of data associated with DAS. It builds on the version 1.3 capability for distributed temperature sensing (DTS).
The capabilities brought forward from the previous version 1.3 of PRODML, and which now utilize the CTA, are:
- Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS).
- Wireline Formation Testing (WFT).
- Production volume, flow network and well test as originally developed by, and used by, companies and regulators on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Operations Report.
- Time Series.
- Time Series Statistic.
Note that PRODML no longer includes the draft Shared Asset Model. It also no longer includes any definition of its own web services known as the Generic Data Access (GDA). The PRODML identifier specification is subsumed into the Energistics Identifier Specification. All such discovery and transfer of data functions are now all now specified in the CTA for all the “MLs”.