Welcome to the technical resources and the specifications for the PRODML standard. This material is provided to help in the design, development and testing of software based on the PRODML standard. The members of the PRODML SIG have contributed a lot of time and effort over the years to build consensus around each version of the standards, as well as make available various tools to make it easier to build software based on the standards, test it and deploy it.
PRODML Version 2.1
Version 2.1 was released in June 2019, and it is the current version of the PRODML standard. It should be used for all new developments
PRODML Version history
- Version 2.0 was released in 2016, and was the current version of the PRODML standard until June 2019. It should not be used for new developments, but it is supported and available for download for organizations that have used Version 2.0.
- Version 1.3 is still in use across the industry, and it is currently supported by Energistics
- Version 1.2.2, 1.2.1 and 1.0 are obsolete and deprecated, and there is no development or support for those versions. Contact Energistics at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to access legacy documents.
PRODML Development tools
The following resources are available for developers:
- Software Development Kits (SDK): .NET object wraps
- Sample datasets: no publicly available datasets at this point in time
- Energistics Online: a comprehensive interactive documentation system for version 2.0 and later
Energistics does not have a certification process for PRODML at this point in time.
Collaboration with other standards organizations
No past or current collaboration projects involving PRODML.
PRODML combines with:
- Energistics Transfer Protocol (ETP), a new standard to accelerate and smooth the transfer of real-time data
- Energy Industry Profile for Metadata
Licensing & Legal
Click here to access the information regarding licensing, intellectual property, trademarks and other legal information for companies intending to develop and deploy software using the Energistics Standards
PRODML Version 2.1
PRODML V2.1 Overview
PRODML DATA SCHEMA SPECIFICATIONS, VERSION 2.1
PRODML v2.1 Data Schema Overview
|Download Data Schema Specifications – June 2019|
PRODML Version History
Version 2.0 was published in 2016.
- Simple product volume reporting – this provides a simplified, reliable way to provide production volumes to non-operating partners.
- Fluid and PVT analysis – a set of data objects covering fluid and pressure-volume-temperature (PVT) analysis data for upstream technical workflows.
- Distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) – for exchanging the large volumes of data associated with DAS. It builds on the version 1.3 capability for distributed temperature sensing (DTS).
- Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS).
- Wireline Formation Testing (WFT).
- Production volume, flow network and well test as originally developed by, and used by, companies and regulators on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- Operations Report.
- Time Series.
- Time Series Statistic.
PRODML Data Schema Specifications, Version 2.0
|Browse Data Schema Specifications – Overview, December 2016||<Data Schema>|
|Download Data Schema Specifications – December 2016|
Version 2.1 should be used for new developments. Developers and users who are working with an existing system based on version 1.3 will find here important information and resources for maintenance and operation.
Version 1.3 was published in 2015.
PRODML V1.3 Data Schema Sspecification
PRODML v1.3 included a new version of the DTS data-object, which represented a major step in DTS reporting. It upgraded the original DTS standard for up to date practices and technologies. Key new capabilities included:
- Multiple facilities on one optical path, which could be mapped onto the fiber “as measured” length.
- Logging and other forms of conveyance.
- Controlled lists of curves eliminated previous log curve ID ambiguity.
- Kept measured and interpreted data together.
- Supported tracking equipment changes over time, such as additions or removals of segments from the optical path.
Following are brief descriptions of those specifications.
Data schema: XML schemas for production-oriented data objects.
The productFlowModel data-object could be used to capture a directed graph of flow connections in a network.
The productVolume data-object could capture time-varying properties within the context of a flow network. Detailed knowledge of the network was not required.
The productionOperation data-object could capture the activities related to production operations for a stated period (day, month, arbitrary, …).
The timeSeriesData data-object could capture a historian view of how data varies with time.
The timeSeriesStatistic data-object could capture derived statistics about timeSeriesData within a time interval.
The fluidSample, fluidAnalysis and fluidAnalysisResult data-objects could capture information about a fluid sample and its related lab tests.
The dtsInstalledSystem and dtsMeasurement data-objects could capture information related to a distributed temperature survey (DTS) in a wellbore.
The wellTest data-object could capture the results of a well test.
The wftRun data-object could capture information from one run of a wireline formation test (WFT).
Generic Data Access (GDA) service interface: A web service interface specification for accessing a persistent data store. It supported get, put and delete.
Generic Data Processor (GDP) service interface: A web service interface specification for passing data to a server in order to apply a server-specific function to that same data. The data returned from the server would represent some variation of the data initially passed by the client to the server.
PRODML Identifier: A specification for how to create a PRODML-formatted string that incorporates a hierarchy of facility identifiers. This format was specified to be used in some of the service interfaces and data-schemas.
|Browse Data Schema Specifications – Version 1.3 (July 2014)||<Data Schema>|
|Download Data Schema Specifications – Version 1.3|
|Download API (web service) Specifications 2.0||download|
|Download Completion Data schema – Version 1.0 (in WITSML 184.108.40.206 section)|
This data-object is compatible with WITSML v220.127.116.11 and PRODML v1.3.
Details found here.
V1.2.1 and prior
PRODML 1.2.1 and prior
Version 1.2.1, 1.2, 1.0 are deprecated. New production implementations should use Version 2.0.
For developers or users operating PRODML 1.2.1 or older systems, contact email@example.com to request access to archived documents related to that version.
PRODML Development Tools
Collaborations with Standards Organizations
There are no collaboration projects involving PRODML that are currently active.
There are no deliverables from collaboration projects currently available.
Contact the PRODML SIG if you have enquiries or suggestions.
There is no certification process available for PRODML at this point in time.