Supporting and historical documentation.
This reference library includes documentation related to WITSML implementation, supporting materials and historical documentation.
WITSML Overview Documentation
Sample contract language
Provided courtesy of BP and Statoil, these samples may be used to incorporate WITSML requirements in master service agreements and other contracts.
- Contract sample – commercial
- Contract sample – Real-Time Data
- Contract sample – RT Data
- Contract sample – Digital and Data Components of Services
NOTE: This material (the “Information”) is provided for informational purposes only, with no warranty as to accuracy or applicability to a particular set of circumstances. The Information is not intended to serve as, and should not be considered, a source for legal advice. You should not rely upon or use any Information contained herein for any purpose without seeking legal advice from a duly licensed attorney competent to practice law in your jurisdiction, and any use of the Information is at your own risk. Energistics expressly disclaims all liability with respect to the reliance upon, use of or actions taken or not taken based upon the Information or with respect to any errors or omissions in the Information.
understanding the witsml standards
WITSML background, overview, evolution and use (compiled August 2008)
- Part 1 (PPT, 1.1 MB)
- Part 2a (PPT, 3.6 MB)
- Part 2b (PPT, 3.2 MB)
- Part 3 (PPT, 3.0 MB)
- Part 4 (PPT, 1.9 MB)
- Part 5a (PPT, 2.1 MB)
- Part 5b (PPT, 3.3 MB)
other wits and witsml-related documents
- WITS Records (HTML, 236 KB)
- Early WITSML Presentation (PPT, 182 KB)
- WITSML 1.3.0 Schema Tag Cross Reference (HTML, 636 KB)
- Comparison of DARTS and WITS Records, Oct 2000 (HTML, 22 KB)
- Fluid Property Reporting – background materials
early conference presentations
- WITSML Presentation, at SMi Conference in Aberdeen, Scotland, February 2005 (PPT, 2.0 MB)
- Well Path Presentation, at SMi Conference in Aberdeen, Scotland, February 2005 (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- WITSML – An Update, SPE Paper 84066 (PPT, 732 KB)
- WITSML — Technology to Business Integration for the Oilfield, SPE Paper 74480, IADC/SPE Conference, February 2002 (PPT, 342 KB)
- WITSML August 2001 Conference (PPT, 301 KB)
The original functional requirements for what became the WITSML standards was written in late 2000 and early 2001.
- Functional Requirements Specifications, Version 1.06, February 2001